As pioneers in orthopedic surgery they have developed prosthetic devices, surgical techniques and surgical instruments that are used around the world. They are trained and experienced in performing the most advanced techniques and using the latest technology.
Our goal is to help our patients relieve their pain and regain function of their hand, wrist, elbow or shoulder. We will always explore conservative treatment first and will consider surgery only if necessary.
Common surgical procedures we perform:
- Joint replacement
- Joint repair and reconstruction
- Replantation of fingers, hands and arms
- Reconstruction of fingers and thumbs
- Bone transplantation
- Ilizarov bone lengthening
- Free tissue and muscle transfers
- Burn treatment
- Nerve repair
- Tendon/ligament reconstruction and repair
- Compound fracture repair
- Soft tissue repair and reconstruction
- Cyst removal
Non-surgical Treatment of the Hand, Wrist, Elbow, and Shoulder
Be assured that our medical team will always consider nonsurgical treatment first. It is only after your injury or disorder does not improve that we look at other options, including surgery. Our goal is to treat your problem in the least invasive manner in order to help relieve your pain and enhance your lifestyle.
Most upper extremity problems can be effectively treated through nonsurgical care. The physicians at the Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center have extensive training and experience in evaluating and diagnosing these problems to determine the best treatment plan.
To make an appointment to see a specialist, call (317) 875-9105 or (800) 888-HAND.
Our expertise in nonsurgical treatment of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder includes:
- Sprains, strains, and fractures
- Custom-designed and fabricated splints
- Individualized strength-building, flexibility/range-of-motion programs
- Wound care
- Scar management and edema control
- Individualized programs incorporating assistive devices
- Individualized computer workstation ergonomic evaluations
- Injury prevention programs
- The Hand to Shoulder Therapy Center is central to our nonsurgical treatment and rehabilitation services.