Since our storied program’s inception in 1971, IHTSC surgeons and fellows have participated in the development of cutting-edge surgical techniques and treatments. We also partner with industry leaders to develop surgical implants and research emerging devices..
Each fellow also collaborates one-on-one with a surgeon on an upper extremity surgery research project and presents their findings to other hand surgery fellows from Louisville and Cincinnati at a regional conference.
Current Innovation Efforts
- Development of elbow replacement system
- Development of internal fixation devices for fracture care
- Investigation of better options for wrist arthritis treatments
- Investigation of nerve compression syndrome treatments
- Evaluation of novel nerve repair techniques
- Evaluation of new treatments for Dupuytren’s contracture
- Development of radius fracture treatment devices
- Development of safer uses of wrist arthroscopy
- Evaluation basilar thumb arthritis treatments
- Evaluation tendon rupture and repair treatments